domingo, 20 de noviembre de 2016

My child's first toy-book

My friend Isabel gave my son this book as a new baby gift, when he was just two months old.  He couldn't use it at that moment as he was too little, but soon after, when he was five months, I gave it to him for the first time. He loved it from the very first moment.
It is a fabric book but we could consider it as a toy. It is soft and flexible. As the book pages are filled with some kind of noisy cellophane, when the baby touches, bangs or grabs them, they make sound.
Apart from the sound that it makes, the greatest things that it has, are the tails sewn on the sides of the book pages. They are the tails of each one of the animals that we find throughout the book. Some of them are hairy, other ones velvety... each one has a different touch, shape and colour, which is very interesting for a baby discovering the world.
At the beginning, when my son was five months old, he used to grab one of the tails, touch it for a while, then grasp it firmly and eat it.  Now that he is seven months, he touches it more gently, turns the pages and looks at the animals.
He can play with it for a very long time. I think that one of the reasons is that each tail is a new toy for him. And another reason is the shape of the book. He can touch and grab it easily, and even if he shakes his arms holding it and eventually he drops it, the book doesn't go far, so he can still play with it.
I have seen on the publishing house that they have other ones: Farm Tails, Fishy Tails, Fluffy Tails, Kitty Tails, Puppy Tails, Pony Tails,  Jungly Tails, Rain Forest Tails and Silly Tails. Interesting for the future, when my son will start understanding words.

It was a great baby gift and I wanted to share my experience. There are toys that are good, but there are toys that are even better. In this case, it is a Toy-Book.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario